What themes are found in the Odyssey check all that apply?
The correct answers are 1) Too much pride is dangerous, 2) A great leader is responsible and 3) Great journeys often lead back home. These three themes are found in the novel The Odyssey by Homer.
Which theme do these lines support?
The theme that these lines support is loyalty and fidelity are precious traits.
Which lines from the text best support this theme one theme found throughout the Odyssey is that help often comes when least expected?
One theme found throughout the epic narrative is that help often comes when it is least expected. This is evident from the lines “Some god guided us that night, for we could barely see our bows in the dense fog around us” in Book IX where Odysseus describes their entry into the land of the Cyclops.
Which lines from the text best support this theme one theme found throughout the Odyssey is that good leaders take responsibility for those in their charge?
One theme found throughout The Odyssey is that good leaders take responsibility for those in their charge. Which lines from the text best support this theme? the Lotus, or you lose your hope of home.”
What theme is best revealed by this conflict?
What theme is best revealed by this conflict? People must respect the wrath of the gods.
Which should be eliminated to create formal tone?
To create a more formal tone in writing an essay, abbreviations, slang language, descriptive words, and opinion statements must be eliminated.
What can I use instead of you in an essay?
Replace instances of “you” in your essay either by using “individual” or “one” to refer to a single hypothetical person and using “people” to refer to a large group to whom something you’re saying applies. Replace instances of “your” in your essay by using the possessive forms of “individual,” “one,” and “people.”
What can I use instead of we in an essay?
Ways of Avoiding Pronouns “I”, “You” and “We” in an Essay. You can replace the pronouns ‘I’, ‘You’, and ‘We’ by replacing them with an acceptable wording, applying passive voice instead of pronouns, Using a third-person perspective, adopting an objective language and including strong verbs and adjectives.
What should be written in a formal style?
9 Tips for Formal Writing Style
- Use the active voice.
- Use literal and concrete language.
- Be concise.
- Be careful with placement of descriptive words and phrases.
- Do not use abbreviations or contractions.
- Avoid repetition.
- Always try to put statements in positive form (do not put them in negative from).
- No exclamation marks outside of quotations.
What is formal style example?
In composition, formal style is a broad term for speech or writing marked by an impersonal, objective, and precise use of language. A formal prose style is typically used in orations, scholarly books and articles, technical reports, research papers, and legal documents.
What is the example of consultative style?
Conversations between strangers, teachers and students, doctors and patients make use of the consultative style. EXAMPLES: regular classroom discussions, doctor-patient, etc.
How do you write a professional message?
- Begin with a greeting. Always open your email with a greeting, such as “Dear Lillian”.
- Thank the recipient. If you are replying to a client’s inquiry, you should begin with a line of thanks.
- State your purpose.
- Add your closing remarks.
- End with a closing.
What are examples of professional writing?
For example, in a business office, a memorandum (abbrev. memo) can be used to provide a solution to a problem, make a suggestion, or convey information. Other forms of professional writing commonly generated in the workplace include email, letters, reports, and instructions.
What should I name my professional email?
The most standard and recommended form of a professional email address is of course the [email protected] format. But there are some other ways you can get a professional email address, such as: [email protected] [email protected]
How do you write a short message?
This article will take you through an exercise to help you write a short message that includes all the following necessary components:
- Identify yourself (as the sender)
- Personalise the message.
- Engage your contact – get their attention.
- Provide a call to action.
How do you write a proper message?
- Are clear. Try to convey your meaning as simply as possible. Don’t over-write or use exorbitant language.
- Are complete. Include all relevant information. Think about the situation from your readers’ perspective.
- Are correct. Always proofread before sending any message.
How do you send an official message?
How to Send a Formal Text
- Type up a brief text message using your phone’s interface.
- Leave out any filler words or text messaging lingo since this is a formal text.
- Make no attempt to shorten the text message by using uncommon abbreviations.
- Sign your name at the end of the text.
How do you write a good text message?
How to Write a Good SMS Text Message
- Use simple and clear language. This advice is #1 in all best writing guides.
- Don’t exceed the limit.
- Avoid confusing words.
- Avoid ambiguity.
- Include contacts.
- Include a call to action.
- Use caps wisely.
- Segment your contact base.
How do you end a text professionally?
Below are some of the most common professional email closings.
- All the best,
- Best regards,
- Best wishes,
- Fond regards,
- Kind regards,
- Looking forward to hearing from you,
What can I say instead of hey?
The Basic “Hello”
|Hello.||This is a classic way to greet someone.|
|Hey man! Hey bro! Hey girl! Hey dude! Hey buddy! Yo!||Use slang for a casual hello with close friends and acquaintances, but be careful, not everyone wants to be called “bro” or “girl!”|
|Howdy!||People in the South use this as an informal way to say hello.|
How do you say hi in a text message?
- 12 cute ways to say hi in a text message.
- #1 Make use of the emojis. The rosy-cheeked smiley face is my favorite one to use when saying hello because it is literally adorable.
- #2 Send a photo.
- #3 Videos are also an option.
- #4 Use a cute saying. “
- #5 Say hi in another language.
- #6 Open up with a joke.
- #7 *WAVES*.
How do you say hi in unique way?
Celebrate World Hello Day by trying out a new salutation.
- WHAT’S THE CRAIC? How they say “What’s up?” in Ireland.
- HOW HOPS IT? Be classically cool with this late 19th-century slang for “How’s it going?”
- [HAT TIP]
- THERE HE/SHE IS!
How do you say hi in a cute way?
Here are some cute ways to say hi:
- “Hey, cutie! How’s it going?”
- “Hey there, beautiful! What have you been up to so far today?”
- “Hey, lovely! How was your day?”
What is Heyyyy?
The two ingredients to create the best possible friendzoning friendship are communication, and simply being yourself. “Hey” means “friends,” “heyy” means they think they like you, “heyyy” means “take the hint already,” “heyyyy” means “dtf,” and “heyyyyy” means they are drunk.
What does Hi mean from a girl?
A casual “hi,” “hey,” or “hello” seems so simple, but it can actually mean a lot. First, the fact that your crush went out of their way to send you a greeting means they were obviously thinking about you. You don’t just send someone a “hi” text just for the heck of it.
What does 5 Y’s mean?
The 5 Whys typically refers to the practice of asking, five times, why the failure has occurred in order to get to the root cause/causes of the problem. There can be more than one cause to a problem as well.
Is Heyy flirty?
“Heyy” is more flirty than “hey”. “Hey” is more like “yo”. “Hi” is a bit terse.
What does it mean if a girl says aww?
‘Awww’ means someone finds what you said charming or sweet or nice or cute or adorable or dear.
How do you flirt over text?
How to Flirt With a Guy over Text (Without Being Obvious)
- Be Unique (By Being Yourself) You want him to like YOU, not a made-up person he won’t recognize when he talks to you face to face.
- Use His Name.
- Ask an Open Question.
- Make Him Laugh.
- Tease Him.
- Compliment Him Over Text.
- Use Emoticons.
- Leave Him Wanting More.
What does Hiiii mean from a girl?
“hiiiiii” is a form of over enthusiastic “hi”. People started social media just as a form of communication, but slowly they started conveying their emotions through text too. So when some one is overwhelmed and happily wants to say a hi, it becomes a hiiiii.